I'm Dyslexic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm Dyslexic

Post  Doc on Fri May 31, 2013 4:00 pm

OK I'm planning on a few thousand mile trip here in a couple of weeks so I'm doing a few things getting the Wing ready. Today was changing the oil, I've been using the Bosch 3323 oil filter on my VTX and now on the Wing. Autozone here sells them and they are the good ones made in the USA. I grabbed one off the self and some Mobil One motorcycle oil, which ain't cheap. Pay for them and head home. I put the Wing up on the center stand and pull the belly pan off. It's got a few new dents in it and I'm convinced it was a good investment. I shove the drain pan under the bike, grab a 17mm wench and take out the drain plug and twist off the old oil filter and drop it in the pan. I go piddle at the work bench oiling the new filter gasket while the crankcase finishes draining. I grab a new crush washer from my tool box drawer and put the drain plug back in and then grab the new filter to screw it on. I had a little trouble getting it started but I just thought it was cause it was slippery from the oil on it and finally I got it. Should have been my first clue! I proceed to put the oil in, everything is going smooth. I put the dipstick back in and start the bike just to check for leaks. Glad I did as it dumped about a half quart of oil on the floor real fast. WTF!!!! The filter is leaking. I look at the old filter, yep it's a Bosch 3323, I check the new filter box, yep it's a Bosch 3332... D'oh! Shocked

Back to the store for the correct filter and a couple more quarts of oil...
I think I'll wait awhile to change the air filter Laughing

redgw Candy Red 2012 Goldwing
Michelin Alpin ZP 195/55/16 - The Darkside... Ain't nothin' but a rubber thang!
Doc
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm Dyslexic

Post  Fred on Fri May 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Getting old sucks

Road Captain

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum